Weed Abatement Program
The City of Yreka Weed Abatement Program’s primary goal is to reduce the fire hazard from dry vegetation that becomes extremely flammable in dry and hot weather. Many fires can be prevented with proper weed abatement.
City staff begin conducting Weed Abatement inspections around April 18, to ensure all dry vegetation, weeds, rubbish, and other fire hazards are removed from properties in accordance with City policy.
City of Yreka Weed Abatement Policy:
- If your parcel is one (1) acre in size or less, all weeds must be mowed.
- If your parcel is larger than one (1) acre, a minimum 40-foot perimeter
- around the property must be mowed or cut to a height of 4 inches or less.
- Clear all weeds around fences, sidewalks, curbs, gutters and other areas.
- Due to weeds growing back, regular mowing will most likely be necessary.
Please call(530) 841-2325 if you have any questions.