How can I get a restraining order?

The best way is to contact an attorney. However, you may obtain a packet at the County Courthouse and file for a restraining order yourself. If you are a victim of domestic violence, Siskiyou Domestic Violence and Crisis Center can help you at 530-842-6629. Once your restraining order has been issued, bring a copy of the order and the proof of service to the police department. Keep a copy for yourself; it shows the expiration date. 

Proof of Service

A report on a restraining order violation cannot be made without that copy and the proof of service on file.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a no parking sign installed?
2. If I don't show up in traffic court, what happens?
3. I lost my copy of a "fix-it" ticket. How do I get another copy?
4. How can I pay for a parking ticket, or file an appeal on one?
5. How do I register a gun?
6. How can I find out if someone is in jail?
7. I was arrested, but wasn't given a court appearance date. How do I find out if / when I need to go to court?
8. Can I find out if someone has a restraining order against them?
9. Someone violated a restraining order, but wasn't arrested. Why?
10. Can I post a "No Parking" or "No Trespassing" or "No Skateboarding" sign on my property?
11. How do I recover found or held property?
12. How can I get a restraining order?