The Maintenance Division maintains the water mains from the tanks on the hills to the water meter near each property. The valve on the input side of the meter is owned by the City and maintained by the Maintenance Division. Do not attempt to use this valve.


The property owner owns the line from the output side of the meter, the side closest to a house. If you have an emergency that requires water to be turned off, locate the meter box and close the valve closest to the house. If there is not a valve on the house side of the meter, please call the Maintenance Division at 530-841-2370. If you do not know the location of the meter box, take a few minutes and find it. 

Renters should also know this information. In the event of plumbing failure, this information can save thousands of dollars in repair costs.

Additional Information

Learn more about where your water comes from.