Yreka, CA - As of June 16, 2020, there are a total of 19 positive cases (12 active cases, 7 recovered cases), 2,325 total negative tests, 233 awaiting test results, and a total of 2,577 tests performed.
Siskiyou County Public Health is taking these results very seriously and will release any information we can to keep the community informed. However, the privacy of the patients is of utmost priority.
Members of our community can help limit the spread of COVID-19 through personal actions, such as:
- Maintain six feet of social or physical distancing between yourself and others.
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, utilizing hand sanitizer when washing facilities are not available.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Stay home when sick.
- Know how and when a properly worn face covering may be used when physical distancing cannot be maintained. A World Health Organization video on the topic is available at https://youtu.be/ciUniZGD4tY.
The following sectors are open with guidance from the state:
- Dine-in Restaurants
- Hair Salons and Barbershops
- Movie Theaters and Family entertainment centers
- Restaurants, Wineries and bars
- Zoos and museums
- Gyms and fitness centers
- Hotels (for tourism and individual travel)
- Cardrooms and racetracks
- Campgrounds and outdoor recreation
The following sector is open with guidance from the state on June 19th, 2020
Thank you for your cooperation as it is vital to slowing the spread and prevention of overwhelming our medical system.
For updates on COVID-19 information, visit https://www.co.siskiyou.ca.us/publichealth or call Siskiyou County Public Health at 530-841-2134.